Monday, September 14, 2009

Treat options in Noida

In our team we usually have a treat almost every month. It's either someone's B'day or a company treat. Amount of money available varies but usually it's from 1K to 2K (rupees of course). I've been in Noida for over 6 years now, so you can imagine how many treats that is. Goes without saying that we have run out of places to go to. Here I am going to mention the ones I've liked most.

1. On a lucky day there is lot of money available for treat. If you are in such luck then there is no better eating out place than Kabab factory. The non-veg platter there is simply out of this world (sorry about the cliche but it seems pertinent). It's worth while once in a few months to spend a day just giving in to the gustatory delight.

2. Treats and bowling have a deep relationship. Bowling for me has been something that you only do on a treat; except one time that Rashmi and I did it just for the hack of it. There are two bowling places in Noida that I know of. One is the food court at The Great India Place Mall. Second is at Shopprix mall in Sector 61. I'm sure there must be at least one more but I don't know about it.

3. I love pool when I'm winning and absolutely hate it otherwise. Regardless, pool can be a good past time. Places: Gravity in sector 26, Spice mall, TGIP food court, Shopprix mall.

4. If your budget is not very high and you want to have good chinese food then Bercos Garden should be your first choice. Crispy honey chicken being my favorite.

5. If you are the happening type and happen to have a girl friend(or wife) then Elevate is an option. It is a very expensive option but nothing compares to the experience of all night dancing to grooving music.

6. Going to the movies is a good cheap option. Main problem is finding a movie that no one has already seen. I tend to suggest the weird ones when going out with office colleagues as I couldn't see them otherwise (Rashmi likes normal movies). If the budget is larger then you can even go to a movie lounge. Having a pina colada while watching a romantic movie increases the fun manifold. Fortunately booking tickets to a hall in Noida is not difficult, they are usually available whenever you need them. I prefer spice for going to the movies but Waves is also not bad. I hate Adlabs halls at TGIP primarily because they show a lot of ads and that movies start way beyond the scheduled time. I also think the quality of picture is bad but my friends have tried to convince me that it is not. So... I don't know, I just hardly ever watch movies there.

7. Eating out at Trditional Indian Restaurent is the easiest and reasonable option. There are just too many places to mention. I've mentioned Kabab factory separately as they are a bit different in that they serve only the platter. Other places that I like to eat at are Desi Vibes and Pearl's Regency in Sec 29.

8. If you don't want to eat out but order pizza instead then Pizza hut is the best option. Slice of Italy seems promising too. Domino's is just pathetic. If you can't afford Pizza Hut or Slice of Italy then ordering burgers from McD is better than ordering pizza from Dominos.


If I remember any more options I'll update them here. I will be glad to hear about more options.

No comments:

Post a Comment